Want to develop your leadership skills? Want to get the most from yourself and your team? Join us for our highly acclaimed leadership development program!
Leadership capabilities are one of the strongest predictors of career success. As catalysts of action, leaders translate project investments into delivered business results. If you can lead people and deliver value from the projects you run, you have one of the core skills employers most want. Based on original research (Research Summary), the behaviors, thinking and approach used by the most effective leaders are not only reviewed, but also physically illustrated!
Check here for upcoming dates – Class schedule or read below for a class outline.
Format: 12 weeks online – Cohort based or individual based as per your needs and preference. Tutor facilitated instruction supported by online content.
Using a unique approach to learning this training program will leverage real-life captured video of real teams making real decisions, real leaders leading real people and real projects delivering real value. Mixing video based content, online discussions and personalized learning activities, this class is training brought into the 21st century. Tracking the ups and downs of real teams as they struggle to complete real projects this unique class brings to the surface the skills needed to lead. Providing graphic illustration of the lessons in action the class will challenge you to analyze your own capabilities and develop the skills you need to compete.
At the end of the class you will witnessed first hand project successes and project failures. You will have analyzed the core skills that lead to success and based on those insights you will have developed your own personal skills development roadmap for ongoing performance improvement.
- For professional Project Managers seeking Professional Development Units (PDU’s) a letter denoting 28 hours of contact training will be issued on successful course completion.
- Additional personal coaching is available at an hourly rate to individuals or organizations who wish to further relate the classroom learning back to individual performance or real life projects.
All IPLA courses are facilitated by certified Project Managers with a minimum of 15 years hands on leadership experience. Your instructor will facilitate discussions and support your learning throughout the class.
Why choose IPLA?
IPLA is a leading education provider focused on helping organizations ensure the success of their projects. With more than 25 years of practical experience and more than 6 years experience delivering Project Management and leadership education, IPLA’s training leverages three dimensions: practical experience, industry standard practices and our own independent research into what it takes to make a project a success.
For more on IPLA’s unique research into the causes of project failure and what it takes to make a success visit us at our world leading blog: Why Projects Fail.
Who should attend?
Professionals throughout the economy are finding that leading projects or managing teams is becoming a part of their role. This course is suitable for:
- Project and Program Managers
- Senior technical resources working in a project environment
- Project Sponsors
- Operations managers and line managers
- Sales managers
- Supervisors and team leaders
- Certified Project Managers wanting to earn Professional Development Units in order to maintain their designations.
What people are saying
- “This course was exceptional. I loved the mix of watching the shows and more academic material in the handouts. Seeing good leadership in action is critical. The course enabled us to see it and then discuss it”
- “The MBA course you wish you had taken (but wasn’t available)”
- “This course provided a fantastic base to grow my leadership skills on”
- “Excellent, very helpful to break down leadership to a project context”
- “This course is an excellent way to understand what leadership really is, what is needed to be a leader and how to engage and be effective as a leader”
- “Watching the program, evaluating during class and then applying in my actual job was invaluable and totally relevant”
- “A unique and realistic way of teaching”
- “When it comes to teaching leadership, lectures don’t work. This class DOES!”
To register for this course please email us sing the following form – Contact us
Once your registration request has been received you will be contacted by our Registrations Administrator who will collect the payment via credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If you prefer to pay by check please advise the Registration Administrator once contacted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment and cancellation policy: Payment in full is due at the time of registering. There is a cancellation charge of $150 USD if you were to cancel more than 30 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations within 30 days of commencement of the course are none refundable.
 For payments originating outside of Canada additional financial transaction fees may apply.