Achieving Project Success
Want to build value for your stakeholders? Want to develop your professional skills? Join us for our highly recommended online Project Management foundation course! Accredited by the Project Management Association of Canada (a national level member of the International Project Management Association – IPMA), the Achieving Project Success class provides a comprehensive introduction to the skills and processes used to lead a successful project. Aimed at working professionals, or those wanting to learn more about Project Management, this class will teach you how to get a new project off to a strong start, how to create a project plan and how to guide a project through to its successful conclusion.
Check here for upcoming dates – Class schedule, read below for a class outline or click here for our online brochure.
Format : 12 weeks online – Cohort based, tutor facilitated instruction
“Achieving Project Success” is a practical guide to the skills needed to lead projects in today’s organizations. With comprehensive coverage of what it takes to succeed, the course looks at the tools and techniques used to plan and manage projects. Going beyond the theory in the books, the course acknowledges that managing projects in today’s organizations is more challenging than the textbooks imply.
Designed by practitioners for practitioners, this course offers you the opportunity to develop the skills needed to overcome those challenges. Drawing on the knowledge of highly accomplished practitioners and lessons learned from the past, course content includes:
- A comprehensive competency model outlining the skills needed to lead successful projects
- Lectures covering the full knowledge base needed to perform the Project Management role
- More than 100 diagrams and illustrations to aid comprehension
- Participatory discussion forums to share experiences and learn as a class
- Weekly mini-quizzes to help you verify understanding
- A set of templates for use in creating the Project Management documents used to plan and manage a project
- A full worked example illustrating the steps used to plan a project in the real world
- Practical hints and tips
- “Think lists” that will help you bridge your learning from the classroom to the real world
- Assignments to help you practice the skills learned.
All IPLA courses are facilitated by certified Project Managers with a minimum of 15 years hands on Project Management experience. Your tutor will facilitate discussions, support your learning and provide feedback on assignments. Students who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement.
Why choose IPLA?
IPLA is a leading education provider focused on helping organizations ensure the success of their projects. IPLA training leverages three dimensions: practical experience, industry standard practices and our own independent research into what it takes to make a project a success. Drawing from sources such as the International Standards Organization’s ISO-21500 Project Management practice guide, the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (the PMBOK® Guide) and other reference sources, IPLA focuses on helping people achieve results by applying knowledge.
For more on IPLA unique research into the causes of project failure and what it takes to make a success visit us at our world leading blog: Why Projects Fail.
Who should attend?
You don’t have to be a Project Manager to find yourself in a situation in which you are managing projects. Professionals throughout the non-profit sector are finding that leading projects is becoming a part of their role. This course is suitable for:
- People working in a project environment who see the need to improve their skills
- Those already leading projects who want to formalize their knowledge
- Those who want to work towards taking a Project Management role
- Team members who want to understand the project environment better
- Managers and Executives overseeing projects or Project Managers
- Anyone wanting to strengthen their professional toolkit.
What people are saying
- “Excellent course material, fantastic teacher and overall the course exceeded my expectations” – FH – Canada
- “Exceeded expectations. Having completed other online courses, this was by far the best of the bunch” – AD – Vancouver, Canada
- “I feel that I’ve taken the next step in my career. I’m starting to feel comfortable that I can run projects now instead of projects running me” – CP – Ukraine
- “A fantastic introduction to the role and function of a project manager and the methods used to run projects in the real world” – MG – Halifax, Canada
- “Well sequenced. Many opportunities to interact with the tutor and other students” – DC – Mexico
- “My tutor was exceptional. He had the passion and expertise to interact with every single student. I am proud that I had the pleasure to be his student” – RA – Canada
- “Excellent materials and presentation” – HF – North Vancouver, Canada
- “Arrived with little/no understanding of what to expect and was blown away by the effectiveness of the course material and the effectiveness of the instructor” – PL – Coquitlam
- “Thanks, you made the experience a lot of fun” – HT – Richmond
To register for this course please email us sing the following form – Contact us
Once your registration request has been received you will be contacted by our Registrations Administrator who will collect the payment via credit card (Visa or Mastercard). If you prefer to pay by check please advise the Registration Administrator once contacted.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payment and cancellation policy: Payment in full is due at the time of registering. There is a cancellation charge of $150 USD if you were to cancel more than 30 days prior to the first day of class. Cancellations within 30 days of commencement of the course are none refundable.
 For payments originating outside of Canada additional financial transaction fees may apply.
PMBOK is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.